2021-22 SAFETY PLAN
August 26, 2021
At our recent principals’ meeting, guidance for Covid protocols was given by Dr. Cheeseman, Superintendent of the Diocese of Bridgeport. In accordance with the state mask mandate, the Wilton Department of Health, and the Diocese of Bridgeport please note the following :
· All students will have a temperature check and are required to wear a mask upon entrance to school in the morning.
· There will mask “breaks”, at the direction of the teacher, when students are seated at their desks.
· Desks are spaced 3 feet apart, and we will do our best to encourage social distancing where needed.
· Mask will not be required outside.
· We will be resuming attendance at Friday Mass, assemblies throughout the year, athletics, and other afterschool activities.
OLFCA MEETING THE NEEDS OF TODAY'S UNCERTAIN ENVIRONMENT
In these unusual and remarkable times, Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Academy want to remind everyone, although we have been faced with unique challenges, there are some things that have remained:
1. HEALTH & SAFETY:
The children's safety has always been woven throughout our educational practice. Since the start of the virus' impact on our country, steps were taken to address this larger concern. Cleaning and sanitizing regimens were intensified, teachers prepared for possible at-home instruction, and the entire staff and administration immediately made accommodations to maintain our sense of community - never forgetting about the children's emotional well being.
When we return for the new school year, we will be vigilant to incorporate health and safety measures at increased levels from our ordinary high level of safety.
2. ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE:
Personalized approach to learning that blends small group instruction with technology that is fluid and flexible based upon the ability of the student.
3. SMALL STUDENT-TEACHER RATIO:
Enables adherence to social distancing while MAINTAINING A FULL-TIME, 5-DAY A WEEK SCHEDULE for PreK3- Grade 8.
4. FAITH BASED and COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT:
Emphasizes moral values and inspires Service Above Self.